Last weekend, we made our first jaunt of the summer to the Lake of the Ozarks, and our first stop (well, second I guess – the first was checking out my boat at the marina) was lunch at Wobbly Boots BBQ in Osage Beach.
After you have a smoked prime rib french dip there, you’re basically ruined for all other dips! They offer very few recipes on their website, but one that is SOO good (Easter is on the horizon) is their Green Beans. Yeah, I know that sounds boring, but they’re super easy, and all you need is onion, garlic and white wine (and probably some crumbled bacon, but that’s not how they make ’em) and you’re in green bean heaven.
Their easy recipe is below, and thanks for following me, and stopping by!
Easy Spring Green Beans
Green Beans – select Haricot Vert Beans used are best – they are longer and slimmer than green beans, but the regular garden variety work also
Snap ends from beans and use approximately 1.5 handfuls for a single serving
- In saute pan, heat approximately 3-4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Toss in beans, diced red onion and minced garlic, to your liking
- Over medium heat, cook the beans for 2.5 to 3 minutes – just until the rich green color begins to fade to a deeper hue
- Pour 2 to 3 TBSP of white wine over the green beans to intensify and brighten the flavors
- Remove from heat and consume…delish!