We thought we would give this a whirl with about a 3 lb. chuck roast on a pellet smoker around 225 degrees. A few steps are found below, but remember, you basically cannot overcook. More smoke, more time, tender meat.
Please leave comments below as to how you tweaked it, and how it worked for you. I know you’ll enjoy.
Poor Mans Burnt Ends
- Rub your meat liberally and place on smoker.
- Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 185 F.
- Remove the roast and wrap in foil. Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from foil and transfer to cutting board.
- Cut into cubes and place into a disposable aluminum pan.
- Lightly (very lightly!) drizzle the meat with the BBQ sauce. You just want the flavor from the sauce. Toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with more of the rub and return to the smoker for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.